అనగా అనగా ..........

In ancient time, there was one king by name Indra Dyumna. He done so many good things, donations and faithful things to others and public. He was famed, as no other man was as faithful as himself. He was called as Rajarshi. After the completion of his lifetime, he died and reached heaven. So long, time passed there. In the heaven, they told that his earned fruit of faith was end, so that he had to leave the heaven. By saying like this, the heaven deities sent him down.

While the king was coming down to earth. I saw him. He asked me “Maharishi! Do you know me?”

By that time, I was tired with pilgrimage, devotional activities. So that I said “Sorry my dear boy. I forgot.

Then he asked me “Father. Do you know any living being elder to you, which is alive on the earth?

I replied him “There is an owl by name Pravakarnam in the Himalayas. It is elder to me. If you effort some more, you can locate it”

He requested me to accompany him. Both of we approached the owl. He asked the owl “Do you know me?” The bird replied “No” He asked the bird “Do you know anybody elder to you?”

It replied as “Oh! My little father! There is a lake some distant to here. It is called as Indra Dyumna Lake. In that lake, there is a crane by name Nadi Jhangham. It is elder to me.”

Along with the bird, both of we approached the lake. The king asked previous questions. The Crane replied, as “There is a tortoise by name Aakuparam in this lake itself. It is born before to me. So it is elder to me.

When the king called on that tortoise and asked the same question to it, with sorrowful voice, and tears in eyes, it replied “Oh! My dear sons! What a great king was Indra Dyumna. He had done 1000 yagnams. This lake was formed by the sinking of ground here, due to the travelling of number of cows, which he donated, to poor people. This faith is his only! By the kindness of that king only, I am living here happily.”

Within that moment, the deities came and took him to heaven. That means as long as our fame of faith fullness is on the earth, we will be in heaven. Similarly, as long as our notoriousness of evil nature is on the earth, we will be in hell.

This is the story!

Note: To read the application of this story to our life, click here: Mother’s Lap

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Follow ammaodi369 on Twitter