అనగా అనగా ..........

One day, a saint was going beside a village tank. Some mischievous children had driven an animal i.e. cow or buffalo into a mud dig and harassing it. The animal was suffering from their violence; the naughty children were enjoying it. Some villagers were watching it.

But nobody could prevent the children beware of their violent nature. By watching all of that, the saint could not keep calm. He tried to prevent the children, from throwing stones towards the animal. He afforded to pull out the animal from mud dig and driven it from that place. While doing such, he fallen on the ground, in the mud, but he could save the animal. The villagers laughed at him.

While he was washing his body in the village tank, some of the villagers asked him, why he took such an effort to save the animal by taking risk of striking of stones.

He replied those “My little fathers! I didn’t save the animal for the sake of you, or for the sake of children or for the sake of good and evil. I saved it for the sake of myself. By watching such violence on the other living being, I was not comfortable. To make myself comfortable, to make my mind peaceful, I done such. That’s all!”

This is the story!

Note: To read the application of this story to our life, click here: Mother’s Lap

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Follow ammaodi369 on Twitter